Java is one of the most popular programming languages because of its platform independence (a Java program runs on any device with a Java Runtime Environment JRE). Java is object-oriented in the tradition of C and C++. If you have any experience with C or C++, you'll find yourself in familiar territory as you learn the various features of Java. Java is used to create standalone applications, web applications, mobile apps, and enterprise apps.
Here is how to become a Java Pro in no time:
Assess your Java skill levelWhich of the following would you say describes your current SQL level?
- Beginner: I don’t know how to write code
- Advanced: I know basics of Java, I know the difference between JDK, JRE and JVM.
- Expert: I know what Inheritance, Inner Class, Threads, Arrays, and Do-While Loops are.
- Master: I have solid experience with Multithreading, GUI development using Swing, Java applets, web apps (Servlets), advanced input and output classes, regular expressions and Eclipse.
Set your Java learning GoalYou will master SQL much faster if you take a moment to think about your goals:
- what will you be doing with your Java expertise?
- Are you working on a specific app?
Thinking of a couple of examples can accelerate your learning path dramatically and sets you up for the next step:
Connect with a live Java TeacherLearning from a Java pro in a live 1:1 session is much more effective than watching recorded online videos alone. Savvy Java teachers are great technical experts in their field, they are vetted by many learners who worked with them, they are really affordable, and you can connect with them anytime from the convenience of your home or office desk via live video.
Here are five featured Java experts that have worked with students of all levels. Pick the one that’s best for you and send them a free message. Say Hi, tell them the goal you like to achieve next to get the conversation started: